Des Moines Photographer: Personal Post

This weekend I had the opportunity to shoot some pictures for the Mapes’ prayer cards! Through the past few years of my photography, I have always looked forward to these shoots the most; any opportunity to encourage and support missionary families is the best thing I can do with the love that God has given me for photography! The Mapes family has been so fun to get to know, especially over the past year and a half! 





Their daughter and I attended the same college last school year and she has been a huge encouragement to me – especially spiritually! Everyone needs a friend they can catch up with (or even vent on once in a while ;), and still push each other to find a solution and come away with a plan of action. (Proverbs 27:17– Iron sharpens iron, so a man sharpens the countenance of his friend).

Blooming where I’m planted. This phrase kept running through my mind as the Mapes, my trusty assistant (Mama) and I worked our way around the botanical center. (I love seeing so much green and all the gorgeous flowers/plants this time of year!) The phrase is such an easy concept, but so much harder in practice.

I cannot honestly say I’m a planner – quite the opposite actually! However, who doesn’t want to know right now what’s going to happen in the next 10 years?! Leaving future plans in God’s hands is a lesson I don’t think I’m ever going to learn completely. (Proverbs has been a very important book of the Bible to me; each summer through 6th grade, I read through it one chapter a day. It’s a great practice if you are looking for a devo plan – there are 31 chapters, so just one a day for a month!)
Proverbs 16:9 – A man’s heart devises his way, but the Lord directs his steps.

God doesn’t reveal his entire plan for my life in one blow… He knows I can’t handle that much info, even though I think I want it! With the wisdom that God gives me, I will be able to make correct choices as they come up… even though a lot of times that means that my grand plans must change. I am glad that my heavenly Father is the one in control; all he asks me to do is follow Him in the day-to-day activities. He will do the rest… One step at a time.


All that to say, I cannot live life wishing and hoping that I was somewhere else in life. God’s plan for my life is unique! I will never be able to get this time back… no matter how much I wish and hope for the future or the past. So, enjoy every moment of life right here and now – working diligently and doing my best; trusting God for the rest!

Happy 2015!



P.S.       Keep an eye out for more pictures here on the blog and Facebook from the Mapes’ shoot!!

Comments

  1. This is beautiful, Ginny! God has been teaching me similar things lately, thanks for the extra encouragement! I love you and miss you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'd LOVE to hear form you. Please comment and make my day. :)

Popular Posts